Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happiness Is...



"Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens." Familiar words from the timeless song, My Favorite Things. Some of my favorite things include a fire in the fireplace on a cold winter's night, a free book to download to my Kindle, and wonderful friends. All of these things make me happy and put a smile on my face!

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of receiving an award from my sweet, blogger friend, Karen Lange of Write Now: the Ten Bloggers That Make Me Happy Award. Thanks Karen! (Take a moment to stop by Karen's informative blog where she discusses the adventurous writing life and encourages you to join in on the conversation!)

To pass this award along to only ten of my fellow bloggers is extremely challenging! All of you are so deserving. But in order to stay true to the rules, I'd like to present the Ten Bloggers That Make Me Happy Award to the following (in alphabetical order by first name):

Cherie Hill of Journal of Faith - An inspirational writer, Cherie is a published author and the founder of ScriptureNow.com. Her blog is all about sharing her spiritual journey in order to strengthen the reader's faith and joy in the Lord.

Diana Ferguson of To Everything a Season - Diana's blog focuses on faith, family, friends and fun. Her topics are many and varied and always a joy to read. I've snagged more than one great recipe off of her website!

Glenda Childers of Gg - Notes on the Journey - Glenda's background is fascinating. She was led to Christ by none other than Elisabeth Elliot! She describes her site as, "a practical blog with stories, pictures, lessons and recipes from my life as a Christian woman."

Julie Sanders of Come Have a Peace - Julie's lovely blog has some great features including Marriage Mondays, and Tasty Tuesdays. Her heart for the Lord is evident from the godly advice that permeates her site.

Marja Meijers of Fresh Insights on Ancient Truths - Marja's passion for the Savior radiates from her blog that presents the truths of the Bible in a fresh, down-to-earth style. She's a published author who can speak 5 languages!

Noreen (a.k.a. NanaNor) of Life Blessings - Nana Nor isn't shy to share that she's a daughter of the King! Her blog is all about giving praise to the Lord for the many blessings of life. Even through difficulties, her site offers encouragement.

Susan J. Reinhardt of Christian Writer Reader Connection - Susan does a good job of articulating her mission: Honoring my Heavenly Father by encouraging connections between His kids. Her blog is a delightful mix of analogies that speak to the heart, and book reviews that have you heading out to the nearest book store.

Susan Panzica of Eternity Cafe - Susan has a passion to encourage and equip women of faith in their walk with the Savior, to live, love and serve to the fullest. Her posts do exactly that!

Tammi Yates of A Vessel in the Potter's Hands - Tammi is an incredibly talented pianist who also has a love for sharing the truths of God's Word through her writing. Her blog shares the lessons the Lord is teaching her in the "shaping process."

Terri Tiffany of Terri Tiffany Inspirational Writer - Terri's blog is a place where she shares "the ups and downs on the road to publication." Without sugarcoating the difficulties we writers face - each blog entry offers hope and encouragement.


Congratulations, ladies! Your blogs bring joy to my day!


Psalm 144:15b ...yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord.

What makes you happy? Leave me a comment. I'd love to share in your joy!

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for being such a good God. Your Word reminds me that you 'load me with benefits' on a daily basis (Ps. 68:19)! Thank You for the friends You've brought into my life. I praise You for who You are! In Jesus' name, Amen.


*Be sure to stop by Monday, February 14th for an interview with Marja Meijers, and an opportunity to win her book, Grace of Giving!

16 comments:

  1. My family, free Kindle downloads! and OF COURSE dirtbiking.

    Great post, This was fun. I like the Top 10 awards. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopped over for a minute before going to work to say HI! Got myself a little unexpected blessing, too. Thanks for the sweet words. You bless me all the time by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for thinking of me and for sharing all thise links to other great blogs:)
    What makes me happy? Spending time with those I love:) And the knowledge that Jesus is my Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all the deserving winners!

    A peaceful home makes me happy. And Jesus. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria,
    What a blessing YOU are!

    Thank you so much for the honor. It gives me great joy to pass along the blessings my Father has shared with me.

    What makes me happiest? Knowing that my (now college age) children know and love the Lord and seek to serve Him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Maria, Like the other dear ladies you've honored, this has blessed me and for those ladies I haven't yet met, I plan on doing so today. You are such a ray of His love to me and to all who venture here. I am so blessed by you and the friends I've made in blogland. What makes me happy? Spending time with those I love-my Savior, my family and my friends-those whom I've met and those in blogland.
    Big hugs to you today dear friend.
    Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria -

    Thank you for always being a bright spot in my day and for giving me this award. I appreciate your comments on my blog and emails.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Maria! And thank you for mentioning my blog. :) Congrats to the new winners as well. I will have to check out the ones I'm not familiar with.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria,
    What a lovely treat to receive your award. Thanks for the kind mention of my blog. It is fun to support other blogs, isn't it.

    I so enjoy reading your blog and getting to know you.

    Thanks for sharing the blogging kindness.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Maria. You are wonderful! Thank you for the new blog links. Te quiero!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, and now I will visit some of the blogs you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless your heart, Maria! Thank you so much for this kind award. :) What a pleasant surprise. The only thing I've ever won was a lamp (through a raffle at a football game) when I was in the 6th grade...oh and a certificate to have my wedding gown "preserved." Can you imagine a living room lamp for a 6th grader? Hee hee :)

    Praise the Lord for His goodness & mercy and surprise gifts to give our hearts a pick-me-up! :D

    May He be glorified in everything He allows me to do-- music, blog, or anything, including going back to school at my age. For I know that "without Him, I can do nothing."

    A great big thank you for thinking of me and sharing the other dear bloggin' sisters with us as well. :) I hope to hop over to each of their blogs on my day off of classes soon. :)

    What a nice way to meet other Christian sisters in Christ. And BTW, y-o-u have been an encouragement to me as well~even when I'm unable to blog. :)
    Sending hugs and thanks too!! :)
    Tammi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the encouragement, Maria! I feel honored to be in a group of such God loving writers, and I'm looking forward to getting to know those who are new to me.

    I appreciate your sweet and uplifting words here on Life Lessons that always point to God's truth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What makes me happy is to discover more inspiring blogs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Maria for this award, what an honor! What makes me happy is sunshine, reading God's Word and sweet bloggers like you! Visiting your blog is always a treat, since your writing is inspiring and encouraging! You are a blessing to your readers Maria, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Maria for sharing your wisdom with the world, and your Christian point of views with the readers!!
    I enjoy reading your blog, and I am a follower.
    God bless you, Maria, and those you love!!
    All the Best,
    Starry Dawn.

    ReplyDelete