Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Grocery List


Grocery lists can be very helpful. But when our prayers become more like our grocery lists, containing all the things we think we need, it's time for us to reconsider the purpose of prayer...



Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for who You are, the sovereign God who is in control of everything. Forgive me for putting my will above Yours. Thank You that Your mercies are new every morning, and You are so patient with me. Help me to love You with all of my heart, and to love others. Provide those things You know I need today. In Jesus' name, Amen. 



*I'm hosting over at Living by Grace today. Come join in the discussion!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful vlog, Maria.

    Sometimes our prayers do sound like grocery lists. Thankfully, God is patient with us. It's all in His good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree! Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm grateful for God's patience too - and today I'm choosing to praise Him for who He is during my prayer time. Have a blessed week! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Hi Maria,
    So enjoyed your post today-so inspirational and I needed to read this today.
    Oh yes....sometimes my prayers do sound like a shopping list and I am thankful for your reminder
    Hope to get to Georgia in January and will keep you updated and look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you, Linda! Appreciate your encouraging words! I hope you do get to make it to Georgia in January - I'd love to plan a get together. Have a fantastic week full of God's blessings! Hugs back to you! :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful prayer... and accent!! Never gets old :)
    Thanks for your wonderful encouragement to adore the Saviour. Just what I needed to remember afresh today.
    Blessings
    Dotti :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to see you my friend! Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement. I know you are passionate about our Savior! Have a blessed week. Hugs!

      Delete