Friday, June 5, 2009

Free Donut, Anyone?

Have you ever been awakened with a start, glanced at your alarm clock and realized you were late for something? Well, this morning was one of those days, except that it wasn't me who was late, it was my daughter, Riley. Knowing Riley's schedule and being in that "Mom" frame of mind, I woke up at 6:15 a.m. thinking, " Uh -oh, I don't hear any sounds of movement and I know Riley wanted to leave soon, not only to get to her job on time, but my goodness, to get her free donut from Dunkin' Donuts since it's National Free Donut Day!"

I threw on my workout clothes, (after all, I plan on getting my donut today, too!) and burst into Riley's bedroom. Because Riley can get ready in 10 minutes flat, she decided on a few minutes of extra sleep. Exactly 10 minutes later, she had grabbed her jacket, was down the stairs and ready to borrow my keys to make her 'sweet' journey over to Dunkin' Donuts.

Her call came a half hour later - the apple fritter and large, iced coffee were well worth spending less time getting ready! And she made it to her baby-sitting job with 2 minutes to spare! Whew! Relax, Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment